While the Talbot Lago belonging to architect Louis Terzulli (whose collection of 30-odd vehicles would fire enthusiasts) confirmed its star status when it was bought for €168,000 by a French collector, two Dutch museums were in the running for this 2 CV Citroën. The successful museum, whose collection only features the brand with the double chevron, had already bought a legendary model from the same auction house in 2013: the last produced in Levallois, in 1988, which had belonged to automobile journalist Roger Brioult. After it was stolen and found burnt out, the unclassifiable carcass fetched €10,722 at the time: a very different matter from the €75,600 garnered last January, announced as a world record by the auction house. This is in fact a rarity from Citroën's earliest days: one of 876 Type A’s produced in 1949, the first year the model went on the market, when steel shortages were still prevalent in this post-war period. Decidedly without frills (a bicycle-type antitheft device replaced the locks, and instruments were limited to a tachometer and an ammeter), it nonetheless represented a luxury at that period.