1967 PEUGEOT 404 COUPE
Very elegant coupe
Large invoice file
French Registration Card
The 404 Coupe is part of a long line of cut bodywork at Peugeot. As proof, the type 21, the first Peugeot coupe dates from 1898.
Launched in May 1960, the 404 was the Sochalian reaction to the 1955 presentation of the Citroën DS which, by its technical advances, had dazzled everyone.
Introduced in May 1960, the 404 Peugeot is in the category of 9 hp (1.6 liters), a notch above the 403 that it must replace. The rise in the Peugeot range continues, accompanying the evolution of the standard of living of the French in this happy period of strong growth. In 1962, Peugeot unveiled the 404 coupe. Also designed by Pinin Farina, of whom she is the first Peugeot to wear the logo, the car is assembled in the workshops of the bodybuilder in Turin. The bodybuilder makes and assembles all the bodywork elements and dresses the interior. The crates, decorated with a discreet logo of the Italian bodybuilder, return to Sochaux to receive their mechanics.
At the 1962 Geneva Motor Show, it will receive the 1.6 liter Kügelfischer injection revealed at the same show a year earlier and which offers an additional 13 hp (160 km/h).
The car we are presenting to you has been thoroughly restored with nearly 40,000 euros in bills. Probably one of the most expensive restorations for a 404 Coupé. Following the purchase of the vehicle, the owner discovered multiple rust points. The car was completely stripped and then taken over by the bodywork, which now makes it a perfectly healthy and rust-free car. The beautiful electric blue that she wears goes to her delight and goes perfectly with her black leather interior. This 404 coupe is ready to hit the road.
With its Ferrari look from certain angles, this 404 Coupe is a car that deserves all the attention of collectors.
CF CHRISTIAN SPECIAL GEARBOX