Aert van der NEER (Gorinchem 1603 - Amsterdam 1677)
View of an estuary with walkers at sunset
Monogrammed lower right AV DN.
45,5 x 70 cm
- Rodolphe Kann collection, Paris;
- Sedelmeyer, Paris, in 1897 (n°24 of the catalog) ;
- Adolphe Schloss collection, Paris;
- Schloss sale, Paris, Galerie Charpentier, (Me Rheims), December 5, 1951, n°42, reproduced;
- anonymous sale, London, Sotheby's, 3 July 1985, n°57, reproduced
- J.O. Leegenhoek, Paris;
- acquired from the latter in 1985 by the father of the present owners.
- Illustrated catalog of the fourth series of 100 paintings by old masters of the Dutch, Flemish, Italian, French, and English Schools, being a portion of the Sedelmeyer Gallery, Paris 1897, pp. 30 - 31, no. 24, reproduced;
- C. Hofstede de Groot, A catalog raisonné of the Most Eminent Dutch Painters of the Seventeenth Century, London, 1918, vol. VII, no. 70A;
- W. Schulz, Aert van der Meer (1604-1677), Life and Work with a catalog raisonné of Paintings and Drawings, Doornspijk, 2002, no. 1165, reproduced fig.287.