HOUSE OF ODIOT
Pair of round hollow silver dishes with contoured edge chased with fillets, the marli decorated with marquisal coat of arms azure with three golden sculpins in pals 2 and 1, and azure with a golden griffin, 2 lions holding, with the motto "Semper/ Cor Caput/ Cabot" (Reported). Mark "Odiot / A Paris" with number "6703" under the base.
Goldsmith Charles-Nicolas Odiot (Active since 1826).
Minerve hallmark (slight shocks, scratches, wear).
Pds. : 1870 gr
Diameter : 32,2 cm
From a dynasty of silversmiths who staked out the entire 18th Century since Jean-Baptiste-Gaspard Odiot (1692-1767), with Jean-Claude Odiot (1722-1788) and the illustrious Jean-Baptiste-Claude Odiot (1763-1850), the House of Odiot was present at most of the great exhibitions of the 19th Century. It had its first success in 1802 when it shared a gold medal with the famous silversmith Henri Auguste. The hallmark of Charles-Nicolas Odiot ("O" with a lamp) is inscribed in 1826, and that of Gustave Odiot in 1865. Between 1894 and 1906, the company used the "PR Cie" hallmark (Association of Odiot with Prévost and Récipon), then from 1906 to 1956, the "O Bs" hallmark (Boulenger et Cie). Gustave Odiot (1823-1912) was the last of this incredible dynasty of master goldsmiths established since 1690.